Mr Paul Flora - Consultant in Vascular and General Surgery
He is responsible for the strategic and operational oversight of the vascular practice across the acute hospitals within Barts Health NHS Trust (The Royal London Hospital, St Bartholomew's Hospital, Whipps Cross Hospital, Newham University Hospital). Also Clinical Lead, Vascular Surgery, Barts Health NHS Trust, April 2013 – present and, Clinical Director, North East London AAA Screening Programme, September 2012 - present. He was appointed to a General surgery NTN (LDN/021/023/N) in the NE Thames region in 4/2001.
Mr Flora has expertise in the following:
• Open Vascular/Endovascular surgery and hybrid techniques to treat vascular diseases.
• Aortic Aneurysms (Thoracic, infrarenal)
• Peripheral aneurysms (Femoral, Popliteal, visceral)
• Peripheral arterial disease
• Varicose veins
• Carotid disease
• Thoracic outlet syndrome
• Popliteal entrapment syndrome
• AV malformations
• Sympathectomy: Cardiac and for Hyperhidrosis
• Removal of complex neck tumours with ENT or Maxillo-facial surgeons, where carotid reconstruction is necessary
• General/Laparoscopic surgery
• Hernia repair
• Barostim Therapy: Performed the first Barostim implant surgery in the UK on two patients at the Royal London Hospital. This is a new treatment for patients with resistant hypertension for whom no current treatment works.
• Cardiac Thoracoscopic Sympathectomy
• Google Glass to perform vascular surgery. His team was the first to perform an Open AAA and Carotid Endarterectomy procedures using this technology to further the teaching and training experience
• CALM study: Use of Carotid stent to treat resistant hypertension
Mr Flora has undertaken Expert Witness training and is on panel as an expert for The Medico-Legal Experts Practice (TMLEP).
He aims to provide timely, clear independent reports to the medical profession on the back of 10 years of experience as a consultant surgeon. He fully understands the requirements of instructing solicitors, in particular the restricted timescales for civil litigation, the limitation of expertise, and the absolute need for independent, balanced consideration.
Mr Flora is happy to take instruction from claimant and defendant as well as act as a single joint expert.
He aims to complete the report within 4 weeks of seeing clients Fees and a terms and conditions sheet can be provided on request.