Mr Neil Roberts MB ChB MRCS MD FRCS (C-Th)
Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgeon
Mr Neil Roberts is a consultant cardiothoracic surgeon practising in the NHS at Barts Heart Centre in the city of London. He also has a private practice based in Harley Street in London.
Mr Roberts entered the specialist register in 2011 and has been a consultant cardiac surgeon since February 2011. He is experienced in all aspects of adult cardiac surgery. He has also been the clinical governance lead in his department for the last 3 years, and has therefore extensive experience in incident reviews, complaint responses and negotiating the clinical governance systems within the NHS.
Mr Roberts is trained in medico-legal and expert witness report writing through courses with Bond Solon and has been writing medico-legal reports for three years.
Mr Roberts accepts cases involving :
- Clinical Negligence report writing – aspects of breach of duty and causation
- Personal Injury – aspects of current condition and prognosis
His areas of interest and experience include:
- Clinical governance, surgical safety standards, WHO checklist compliance
- Serious incidents and Datix incident investigations and process
- All aspects of adult cardiothoracic surgery
- Pre intervention decision making in cardiology and cardiac intervention – was the correct process followed, was the patient discussed in the appropriate MDT according to current best practice, were the international guidelines followed and alternatives discussed with the patient?
- Consent issues
Medico-legal report writing estimated turnaround time of less than 21 days, depending on the complexity of the case. Terms and conditions are available on request
HOW TO CONTACT US
Barts Heart Centre
St Bartholemews Hospital
0203 765 8689
Private Practice and Medicolegal
88 Harley Street
0207 034 8962