Professor Saul Myerson
Clinical Cardiology I have 25 years' experience in cardiology, primarily in major teaching hospitals. I provide specialist cardiology care and advice, covering all areas of cardiology. This includes outpatient clinics and inpatient care in the Oxford Heart Centre wards and intensive care unit. A significant part of my practice includes assessing and managing acutely unwell cardiac patients, and as a specialist in cardiac imaging and diagnostic testing, I am often consulted on difficult diagnoses, the causative mechanisms and the likely prognosis. I have particular expertise in valve disease, aortic disease and cardiac muscle dysfunction (cardiomyopathy / heart failure).
CARDIAC DIAGNOSTICS AND IMAGING
I was head of cardiac imaging and physiology at the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford, a centre of excellence for all forms of cardiac imaging with an international reputation, for 10 years until 2021. My particular interest is in cardiovascular MRI and echocardiography, and I have performed many thousands of these scans.
EXPERT WITNESS WORK:
• 70-80 reports/year for Breach of Duty, Causation, Condition & Prognosis and Desktop screening reports.
• Instructions: 50% Claimant, 45% Defendant, 5% joint/other.
• Waiting time for a consultation is typically 2-3 weeks.
• Average report turnaround time is 1-3 months depending on case complexity, volume of medical records and current case load
• I have undergone extensive expert witness training and hold Cardiff University Bond-Solon Expert Witness Certificates in both Civil and Criminal Law
Tel: +44 1865 223160