Prof James William Rodney Peyton OBE TD
Prof Rodney Peyton is internationally highly regarded as an accomplished consultant trauma surgeon, author, speaker and trainer with a longstanding commitment to surgical education.
Mr Peyton has been involved in medico-legal reporting and court appearances as an expert witness for over 30 years and is a Foundation Member of the Expert Witness Institute. Over the last five years Mr Peyton has seen a minimum of 1,000 cases per annum including personal injury, RSI and medical negligence.
• Medico Legal Services – expert opinion provided in more than 60,000 medico legal cases
• Medical Negligence – independent opinion provided in over 2,500 cases in the UK, Ireland and internationally – ask about our screening service
• Reviews to promote improvement of clinical practice
• Facilitative Mediator in disputes involving medical negligence and Private Finance Initiatives
• Author of Whiplash, The Cervical Spine in Medico Legal Practice, Facilitative Mediation and Co-author of the Cambridge Textbook of Accident and Emergency Medicine
• Author of bi-monthly medico-legal case studies – on request
• Solicitor education – speaker at area based Solicitor Association meetings on topical issues.
'Our goal is to assist clients, their legal advisors and the Courts to have a clearer understanding of the unique aspects of medical evidence in individual cases, so that they can make better informed decisions.